“New to the game: (Up)Skilling young people through gamified approaches” was the title of the final event of the “Competences for Effective Labour Market Entry (COMPETE)” initiative which took place on 31 May 2022 at the Palau Robert in Barcelona. The event was co-organised by the Region of Catalunya, REVES and VIVES University. It brought together 56 participants representing public authorities, social economy organisations, universities, research and training actors as well as civil society organisations/networks.
The objective of the event was to present main outputs and outcomes of the COMPETE project, compare them with realities and practices in other regions and EU Member States and discuss ways to integrate alternative learning approaches and multi-stakeholder alliances into existing training and education frameworks.
The programme included:
- an exchange with the European Commission on the general policy framework at EU level (with a particular focus on the Pact for Skills);
- presentations of the COMPETE project and its outputs;
- a general introduction of research and practice examples regarding gaming approaches as a means to foster skills development;
- presentations of existing (serious) games and gaming approaches used to improve/develop skills;
- a panel discussion including regional policy-makers on priorities and (regional) alliances for skills development;
- site visits.
You will find the detailed report of the event here >>